[TxMt] First impressions

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:07:51 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 2:39 AM, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

>> Personally, I almost never fold, I haven't found it particularly
>> useful. What do you guys use folding for? If I want to see an
>> outline of the section structure and/or move around, I would use
>> the symbol list. But I am probably missing some other extremely
>> important use of folding.
>
> A recent example of mine: I worked on a document consisting of a
> tutorial chapter followed by a list of exercises. With folding, I
> can see the exercise I work on on the same screen as the paragraph
> in the tutorial chapter that deals with the same subject. Of course
> there are other ways to do that (in Emacs I'd use a split window),
> but I didn't find any in TextMate yet.

Ok in that case what you are really missing is a split window view,
which was for a while and perhaps still is the number one request.

A slight workaround is to open the file as part of a project, then
right click on the file in the drawer and select "Open in New Window".
Not quite a split view, but would help a fair bit I think.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College