[TxMt] Using TextMate with R

Graham Smith myotisone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:08:22 UTC 2008

I am trialling TextMate with a view to using it with R, but I am slightly
confused as to how I get it to work with R, and indeed the funcionality with
R.

I had niaively assumed that I would be able to just download an R bundle and
install it (like ESS with Emacs), but R isn't listed as a bundle in
TextMate.

Further investigation led me to coming across discusion about Subversion
repository where I did find mention of what might be the R bundle. This led
me onto apparantly needing to download subversion software and  I began to
feel I had maybe gone astray, as it started to seem very complicated.  There
is also mention of other R options in this mailing list.

All told I'm afraid I need led by the hand a bit to help me sort this out as
to what I might need to do to get TexMate and R workng together.

Many thanks,

Graham