[TxMt] texMate.py

Brad Miller bonelake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 13:41:57 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 6:59 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 26 janv. 08 à 13:28, Brad Miller a écrit :
>
>> Alain,
>>
>> latexmk is only used if it the preference for it is checked in the
>> latex bundle preferences.  If latexmk is used any options you have
>> specified are passed along to latexmk through the temporary rc file.
>
> ok
>
> in texMate.py and def run_latex, i put
>
>    texin,tex = os.popen4("pdflatex --shell-escape -
> interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error-style"+" " +"/Users/ego/
> Desktop/try/trytablor.tex")
>
> I've the same problem but I see in the folder /try a .pdf file and
> some others files but these files are removed.
>
> I would like to keep these files, how to do this ?
>
> os.popen4 ?? Is it possible to use another command ?

os.popen4 executes the command as a subprocess and returns a pipes to
standard in / standard out/error    These pipes are used to parse the
output from latex.

As an experiment you could try os.system("pdflatex --shell-escape -
interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error-style"+" " +"/Users/ego/
Desktop/try/trytablor.tex")

This will run the command in a subshell, but will not return pipes for
parsing.   I don't think it should make any difference but who knows.
I really cannot explain why this is not working for you but I know
nothing about the intricacies of metapost and even less about giac.

Brad