[TxMt] Latex problem with the script python Typset

Brad Miller bonelake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 12:57:44 UTC 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 1:27 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 26 janv. 08 à 02:35, Brad Miller a écrit :
>
>> Alain,
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I've spent a lot of time trying to get giac and
>> whatever to install and work but it does not work for me.  So I
>> cannot reproduce your problem.
>

>> %!TEX TS-options = --shell-escape
>> %!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
>
> I try but without success
>>
>> As I said yesterday a workaround for you on this problem is to
>> simply use
>>
>> %!TEX TS-program = myscript
>
> no! same error
> I have only one pdflatex :  /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/
> pdflatex
>  with a mactex install
>
> It's the same with the ppc
>>
>> Where you put your own script that does has everything it needs to
>> typeset this particular file.
>
> I don't understand ( sorry my english is poor )
>
> My script is the old script before the python script and I retire
> some parts because now
>  we don't have LatexErrWarnHtml.py
>
> I use Bundle Editor > Latex > new Command
>
> input : none
> output : show as Html
>
> With my script , I compile on a macbook intel and a G5 ppc but it's
> ugly
>
> Regards Alain

Alain,

Make a file called mytex.sh

#!/bin/bash
pdflatex --shell-escape -interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error $1

Save this in a directory that is on your path.  ~/bin, /usr/loca/bin
then make sure it is executable:   chmod +x mytex.sh

At the top of tablor.tex put the line

%!TEX TS-program = mytex.sh

Now when you run Typeset & View your script will be run as the
typesetting command.

Brad