[TxMt] Latex problem with the script python Typset

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Sat Jan 26 07:27:07 UTC 2008

Le 26 janv. 08 à 02:35, Brad Miller a écrit :

> Alain,
>
> I'm sorry, but I've spent a lot of time trying to get giac and
> whatever to install and work but it does not work for me.  So I
> cannot reproduce your problem.

You need two files giac for osx and tableauVariation.mp (with google
  you can find them but I put the links below)

1) Giac install

download he version console for mac here

ftp://ftp-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/xcas/giac_osx.gz

gzip -d giac_osx.gz
but perhaps the file is auto decompressed

sudo cp giac_osx /usr/local/bin/giac

sudo chmod +x giac or chmod 755 giac

try $giac

it's a good soft !

you have an english page here:

http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/giac.html

2) tableauVariation.mp  you need also a metapost file :

http://frederic.mazoit.free.fr/LaTeX_metapost/tableauVariations/tableauVariation.mp

you put this one in your Home  here : Library/texmf/metapost/

> One question, How are you telling TextMate to use the --shell-escape
> option?

with your preferences system

Bundles > LaTeX > Preferences and --shell-escape  in the options

I can work with gnuplot without problem

> Are you setting that option in the Preferences dialog

yes

> or through the use of a %!TEX option?

no

> %!TEX TS-options = --shell-escape
> %!TEX TS-program = pdflatex

I try but without success

> As I said yesterday a workaround for you on this problem is to
> simply use
>
> %!TEX TS-program = myscript

no! same error
I have only one pdflatex :  /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/
pdflatex
  with a mactex install

It's the same with the ppc

> Where you put your own script that does has everything it needs to
> typeset this particular file.

I don't understand ( sorry my english is poor )

My script is the old script before the python script and I retire some
parts because now
  we don't have LatexErrWarnHtml.py

I use Bundle Editor > Latex > new Command

input : none
output : show as Html

With my script , I compile on a macbook intel and a G5 ppc but it's ugly

Regards Alain