[TxMt] Drawer refresh problem with Save As

Chip Cullen chip.cullen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:34:48 UTC 2008

Zemian,
This problem has existed for a while, and as far as I can tell, the
collective attitude to it is a bit of a shrug. I had this problem and
brought it up with the mailing list back in late April in 2007. You can
probably find it back in the archives.

Short answer: there's no real solution. Yes, whenever you "save as" a file
(well, at least with HTML files, which is what I use TM for), the original
file will disappear from the project drawer. There are a couple of work
arounds:

1- Loose focus. That is, switch to any other application (cmd-tab), then
switch back to TM. Your original file should reappear in the project drawer.
However, that can be rather annoying.

2 - a couple of bundles that tweak procedures. I cobbled these together back
in May 2007, and you may find them helpful. The first is a "save as a copy"
bundle that works with cmd-d. The second adds a "rescan" function with the
command "cmd-R".

I hope these help. I personally find the bug rather infuriating, but sadly
have learned to live with it. The good news is that TM2 will apparently
totally re-think the project drawer. However, as they say, TM2 should be
treated like Duke Nukem Forever: believe it when you see it.

Chip