[TxMt] Blogging Bundle & WordPress Time Stamps

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:58:15 UTC 2008

I've had the same problem. I'm using WP 2.3.2,  Ruby 1.8.5 (the Ruby
that comes with Leopard), TM 1.5.7 (1455), and whatever version of the
blogging bundle that comes with TM 1.5.7.

The first time I upload a post--without a Date header line--the
posting time as reflected in the blog is correct, but the posting time
as reflected in the Date header line of the updated TM file is 6 hours
earlier. (My blog is set with a UTC offset of -6.) If I edit the post
without correcting the Date line, the blog will  be 6 hours too early
and the updated TM file will be 12 hours too early. Each subsequent
repost will move the times back a further 6 hours.

The TM wiki has an entry about time problems with WP and the blogging
bundle, but it talks about older versions of both WP and Ruby. My
current workaround is to fix the Date header before reposting.

--
Dr. Drang