[TxMt] compiling *plain* tex documents with postscript figures

agl artemio at eresmas.net
Tue Jan 15 10:21:43 UTC 2008

Brad Miller-6 wrote:

> Artemio,
>
> That sounds like a case that I probably did not cover.  I only setup
> the autoconvert to work for the typesetting engines that are included
> as a part of the preferences dialog, since I could not possibly guess
> the right thing to do for variant xxxx of TeX that people might
> specify with a %!TEX  directive.
>
> My suggestion is that you you write yourself a little script  call it
> mytex that calls plain tex and then dvips / ps2pdf  If mytex is on
> your PATH then you can use mytex as the typesetting engine in the %!
> TEX directive.
>
> Brad

Brad,

Thanks a lot for your help! Although I am a total newbie with TextMate,
after some experiment I came up with the following script called "alttex",
which works like a charm (I'm posting it in case it may be of help to
someone else):

FILE="${TM_LATEX_MASTER:-$TM_FILEPATH}"
etex "$FILE" && dvips -t a4 "${FILE%.tex}.dvi" && ps2pdf "${FILE.tex}.ps"

Thanks a lot again,

Artemio