[TxMt] LaTeX - opening PDFs

Robin Houston robin.houston at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:56:57 UTC 2008

On 11/01/2008, Brad Miller <bonelake at gmail.com> wrote:
> Before I apply and commit this patch I would like to know how many
> people have a problem.  I cannot reproduce the failure to activate
> problem on my powerbook running 10.5.1.

Try it with TeXShop as the viewer, rather than Skim. It seems to be a
quirk of Skim that the document window jumps to the front when it's
refreshed, and doesn't happen with the other previewers. Also, I think
I've seen cases where it doesn't happen with Skim, though I can't
reproduce it now so my memory might be mistaken.

Having said that, I personally prefer the UNpatched behaviour, where
the refreshed document window pops up so it's immediately behind the
Typeset and View window. It makes it easier to see both the source and
the document at once, even if there are lots of windows open both in
TextMate and in the viewer app. So I'd be happy for the patch not to
be applied: it depends what the intended behaviour is.

Robin