[TxMt] LaTeX - opening PDFs

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:25:53 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Robin Houston wrote:

> On 10/01/2008, Paul McCann <paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
>> [the output from check_open isn't distinguishing between the two.
>> Can anyone
>> else verify that this behaviour is persisting?]
>
> You have to specify the absolute path to the document. It doesn't
> matter what the current working directory is. The new check_open does
> one of two things, depending on whether the supplied document name
> looks like an absolute path (i.e. starts with a slash). If it doesn't
> start with a slash, it does the old check, which won't distinguish the
> two files. If it does start with a slash, it checks the full path. So
> if you do
>
>   …check_open ~/Desktop/testing/fred.pdf
>   …check_open ~/Desktop/testing2/fred.pdf
>
> it ought to give the correct results.
>
> I assumed that Charilaos had updated the Typeset and View command so
> that it passes the absolute path to check_open, but I don't see any
> changes to the command when I do an svn update. Sorry Charilaos, I
> should have made it clearer!

Heh, I'm not messing with that command, it's in Pytrhon ;). I'll dig
through it when I have a moment, but if someone with more python-foo
can fix that quicker, that would be great.

Partly, I wasn't sure if the pdfFile variable needed for some reason
to only have the relative path to the file.

> Robin

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College