[TxMt] LaTeX - opening PDFs

Robin Houston robin.houston at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:13:36 UTC 2008

On 10/01/2008, Paul McCann <paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
> [the output from check_open isn't distinguishing between the two. Can anyone
> else verify that this behaviour is persisting?]

You have to specify the absolute path to the document. It doesn't
matter what the current working directory is. The new check_open does
one of two things, depending on whether the supplied document name
looks like an absolute path (i.e. starts with a slash). If it doesn't
start with a slash, it does the old check, which won't distinguish the
two files. If it does start with a slash, it checks the full path. So
if you do

  …check_open ~/Desktop/testing/fred.pdf
  …check_open ~/Desktop/testing2/fred.pdf

it ought to give the correct results.

I assumed that Charilaos had updated the Typeset and View command so
that it passes the absolute path to check_open, but I don't see any
changes to the command when I do an svn update. Sorry Charilaos, I
should have made it clearer!

Robin