[TxMt] LaTeX - opening PDFs

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:45:30 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 1:19 AM, Paul McCann wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Now I am really confused. I am looking at texMate.py , and I am not
> seeing neither a refreshViewer method, nor any mention of any
> applescript terms.  In my version, /usr/bin/open is used, on line
> 111, in a method called run_viewer. In which lines of texMate.py
> exactly are the applescript calls supposed to be at?
>
> Ditto re the confusion: my texMate.py has "refreshViewer" defined
> on line 122 (and "run_viewer" on line 143). It's the texMate.py
> that's part of TextMate revision 1455. I've thrown a copy of the
> file texMate.py from
>
> /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
> Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin

> http://staff.maths.adelaide.edu.au/~pmccann/texMate.py
>
> if you wish to try to decipher its provenance! There's an identical
> version of it contained within "texMate.app".

Ok, the confusion is resolved. I've been working on a branch of the
bundle, and had an old version of most files over there. switching to
the main trunk gives me a file like yours.

So now I am running the latest from trunk, which I assume is where
you are as well. I cannot reproduce the problem on most files, BUT I
can reproduce it on files with spaces in the filepath. Which leads me
to believe the problem is with quoting the filename somewhere. Does
this perhaps match your experience? I.e. if for instance you have a
folder Desktop/testing, and in it a file ab.tex, and then another
folder Desktop/testing2 and a file ab.tex there, do you still see the
problem?

> Cheers,
> Paul

Haris Skiadas