[TxMt] Ruby help (ri) lookup frustrated by duplicated entries

Fritz Anderson fritza at manoverboard.org
Wed Jan 9 18:41:08 UTC 2008

On 9 Jan 2008, at 12:21 PM, James Gray wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Fritz Anderson wrote:
>
>> Doing a ⌃H document lookup in a Ruby on Rails file won't lead me
>> to the desired documentation. Instead, the lookup disambiguation
>> menu loops infinitely.
>
> This is a known bug in ri.  :(
>
>> This is, I assume, a problem with my Ruby installation, but it
>> particularly bites me in TextMate, and I hope someone here can
>> point me to a solution.
>
> Sure:
[Install and build index for fastri.]

Looks good, thanks, but after

$ sudo gem install fastri
$ # (yields a lecture about installing from the tarball instead, but
says it did it)
$ fastri-server -b

… what do I do? I don't get a fastri command on my path, and using ri
on the command line still displays the double-listing bug.

TM QUESTION: TextMate displays the new behavior immediately, but it no
longer includes Rails documentation. How do I get that back?

fastri-server --help doesn't guide me. There's no man page.

	— F