[TxMt] Mass editing the bundle scope

Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient textmate at subtleGradient.com
Tue Jan 8 20:55:01 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Nate Cavanaugh wrote:

> Ah, very true, so I guess I misspoke a bit on exactly what I needed.
> That works great for pure JS files.
>
> I suppose what I need is for the language scope to be the same for
> embedded
> JS as well, not just solely JS files.
>
> However, changing the language of doesn't seem to apply on a
> language by
> language basis, hence my desire to edit the bundle.
>
> But that's why I'm asking you guys :)
>
> Is there a way to accomplish this for embedded JS as well as JS files?

The current version of TextMate 1.5.x simply cannot technically handle
too many levels of embedded languages.

jQuery doesn't know how it is embedded into something else. Every
language that embeds Javascript would need to be changed to embed
jQuery instead of javascript.

Many library syntaxes like jQuery aren't written to easily allow
themselves to be embedded inside another language.
I'm currently working on revamping how all the Javascript syntaxes
embed eachother and inherit and whatnot.

Try making a copy of the main syntax that is embedding javascript (EG:
HTML) and then change it to embed jQuery instead.
It probably will make a terrible mess and won't work at first, but you
might just get it working eventually.
I have quite a number of modified HTML syntaxes for embedding
different things in different ways.

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—