[TxMt] Highlight line, works, Highlight Paragraph?

Alamar jawhitman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:02:57 UTC 2008

Hello, I am new here and new to textmate which I love. I am not a programmer,
and use textmate as an outliner and word processor. I know that text mate is
more geared towards coders, but it has the features I need and the level of
community support is unheard of for a word processor.

My primary use of textmate is with a nearly fully transparent background
coupled with fully opaque text (foreground) and fully opaque line
highlighting. This allows me to focus on my text while watching my soothing
desktop backgrounds behind my work, or looking at my research.

I was wondering if it was possible, and easy (for a non technical person
such as myself) to not only have line highlighting, but also have the
current paragraph highlighted as well. My hope is to be able to have yellow
text over  solid red line highlight, and the rest of the paragraph
highlighted a slightly opaque green on blue for a sort of secondary post.

BTW, love the program, love that it has forums, love what it does for blog
markup.

1st post, I hope I haven't broken any rules. Thanks in advance for any help
that can be offered.