[TxMt] R daemon running 'inside' of TM + Version III

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Jan 4 08:22:56 UTC 2008

On 3 Jan 2008, at 23:50, Peter Cowan wrote:
> This is wonderful, your efforts are greatly appreciated.   Perhaps it
> is time to replace the R console code in the main R package with these
> commands?
Coming soon.

> The code completion would be useful when editing normal R
> scripts as well, is that easily achieved?
Is under construction. Basically it works pretty good without calling
R – meaning all these commands work on R's help file system.

>   A few very minor comments.
>
> 1.  The insert argument and parameter function inserts in the
> following fashion "n=1".  However, the R coding standard[1], suggests
> "n = 1" (with spaces).  I suspect that many will want it the way it
> is, and it's not hard to change the command, but perhaps the default
> should be changed.
I agree. It's fixed.

> 2.  Why does the bundle include a style for the prompts?  Why not
> scope this and have it handled by the chosen theme?  For some themes
> the default isn't very attractive to my eyes.
Actually I didn't find a adequate scope keyword for that more or less
new stuff in TM.
But I agree, I will change the prompt to keyword.*** and the browser
prompt to comment.***

> 3.  The bundle I have installed has two "Start X11" and two "Open
> Rsession Project" commands, what is the difference between these?
I overloaded key combos. I.e. e.g. for X11 it belongs to 'general
commands' and to 'graphics'.

> [1] To the extent that it exists:
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Tidying-R-code
This was a good hint. I try write a Tidy-up command for R code.

--Hans