[TxMt] which version control system to take?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Fri Feb 29 17:32:26 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 29 Feb 2008, at 17:07, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:
>> Although I've been trying to move to Mercurial or Git for quite a
>> while, I would most highly recommend Subversion for what you have
>> in mind.

Not sure I agree. With subversion, unless you have access to the
server, you can't do version control. That precludes offline working.

For that very reason I have been using darcs. It allows me to do
version control locally, and push the changes out to a server whenever
I want/can.

Now darcs has some rough edges and I would not necessarily recommend
it, though it works fine for me. Like others I have not yet found the
time to check out Mercurial or Git, which I think offer similar
features for offline work.

Gerd