[TxMt] Octave/Matlab bundle

Thomas Kjosmoen thomas.kjosmoen at uis.no
Thu Feb 21 02:03:17 UTC 2008

Ben Abbott wrote:

> I'm interested a bundle that supports Octave's syntax which is nearly
> same as Matlab's ... plus a bit more.
>
> Additional Octave "features" are listed at the link below
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/FAQ.html#Octave-Features
>
> The additional syntax includes
> * Comments with the number-sign, "#"
> * Strings delimitted by double quotes, ex: "string"
> * Line continuation by backslash.
>
> The Matlab bundle apparently respects single and double quotes, but is
> agnostic to line continuation. Thus, the only additional thing needed for
> Octave is support of the number-sign for comments.
>
> I cut the text below from the shell script bundle and pasted it into the
> Matlab bundle, and it appears to work properly!
>
>                 {	name = 'comment.line.number-sign.shell';
>                         match = '(?<!\$)(#)(?!\{).*$\n?';
>                         captures = { 1 = { name =
> 'punctuation.definition.comment.matlab'; }; };
>                 },
>
> Might Matlab's bundle be patched to include this, or should an
> independent bundle be introduced for Octave?
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

Trying again, since Mailman bounced my message.

I'm working on a Matlab bundle, and stumbled upon your message here. Well, I
just added Octave support, so I'd appreciate if you'd check it out and give
me some feedback. When the bundle is good enough I'll submit it to Allan.

You can find it here:
https://projects.ux.uis.no/projects/show/textmate

Hope it's useful.

--Thomas