[TxMt] Octave/Matlab bundle

Ben Abbott bpabbott at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 00:33:27 UTC 2008

I'm interested a bundle that supports Octave's syntax which is nearly
same as Matlab's ... plus a bit more.

Additional Octave "features" are listed at the link below

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/FAQ.html#Octave-Features

The additional syntax includes
* Comments with the number-sign, "#"
* Strings delimitted by double quotes, ex: "string"
* Line continuation by backslash.

The Matlab bundle apparently respects single and double quotes, but is
agnostic to line continuation. Thus, the only additional thing needed for
Octave is support of the number-sign for comments.

I cut the text below from the shell script bundle and pasted it into the
Matlab bundle, and it appears to work properly!

                {	name = 'comment.line.number-sign.shell';
                        captures = { 1 = { name = 'punctuation.definition.comment.matlab'; }; };
                },

Might Matlab's bundle be patched to include this, or should an
independent bundle be introduced for Octave?

Ben