[TxMt] Keybinding change question: should Interface Builder show Bundle Menu items?

Steven Rowat Steven_Rowat at sunshine.net
Sat Feb 16 19:21:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

Paul wrote:

>it's much easier than that for Bundle items! Just open the bundle editor (control-option-command-b) and then find the item whose shortcut you wish to change. In this case just look in the HTML bundle (filter on "Command" using the pull down at the top left if you like) and it's there. There's a field at the bottom right for setting the key equivalent.

My god, that's wonderful. Even works without restarting TM.

I feel a need to say that several hours of my time and several list comments could have been saved if a single warning phrase in TM online Help in the Keybindings section 16.2 had alterted me to this fact: that going to Interface Builder and MenuMaster wasn't going to work for Bundle Items.

I see I made a mistake by jumping over the single paragraph of section 16.1, "Bundle Items" , which would have told me that, but I feel that was a logical thing to do: I was looking for a keybinding for what is to me a "Menu" item - an item on a Menu. Hence I went straight to "Menu Items", section 16.2, and followed the directions.

I suppose that to an experienced user, or the developer even more so, by now what is a bundle and what is not is as different as day and night (how could one confuse them?), but coming in cold to new software, it's different. They're all on menus; I don't know how deep the differences go, at first. Sort of like...meeting a group of people who seem to be of the same family, and making the mistake of "Oh, is that your husband? I thought he was your father! Extremely sorry! My mistake!"   :-0

Anyway, many thanks for the quick reply and now it all works....

steven rowat