[TxMt] Changing language for a specific file

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:16:30 UTC 2008

On 2/12/08, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-2 at macromates.com> wrote:

> If you use double-extensions, you will need to edit the fileTypes
> array in the grammar, as TM is not smart enough to automatically learn
> about these.
>
> See e.g. http://blog.macromates.com/2007/file-type-detection-rspec-rails/

Allan, thanks for pointing out this article. I've just tuned things up
a bit, including adding builder as a suffix for ruby-on-rails.

I'm thinking though that I'm going to have to keep on top of this,
since it seems that whenever the ruby bundle get's updated it's going
to add the rb suffix back to it's language definition.

Any thoughts towards either:

   1. Allow some precedence to be set between bundle language
definition, so that you could set up the ruby-on-rails bundle to take
precedence over the ruby bundle when determining the language.
   2. Making the language selection project specific, so that I could
set a project to be either a ruby or ruby on rails project
   3. Really inventing here. Somehow 'automatically' detect the type
of project from it's contents.  For example you might detect a rails
project for looking for one or more telltale files like
script/generate and/or config/environment.rb or config/routes.rb  Of
course this would have to be specifiable in the bundle/language
description, rather than being hardcoded into TM.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/