[TxMt] repeated problems with Latex

Christopher Brewster C.Brewster at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sun Feb 10 21:23:43 UTC 2008

On 10 Feb 2008, at 21:12, Brad Miller wrote:

> Christopher:
>
> What version of TextMate are you using?  Are you using Latex from
> the subversion repository or the version that came pre-installed
> with TextMate?

Version 1.5.7 (1455) with nothing taken from the repository, only what
came with the installation.

> On Feb 10, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Christopher Brewster wrote:
>
>> I love textmate and the integration with latex but again and again
>> it just stops working.
>> Current incarnation of the problems is the following:
>> 1. In a multifile document (thesis) I edit one sub-document and
>> recompile (ctrl-r) and the message I get is: "Latexmk: All targets
>> (ClassicThesis2.pdf) are up-to-date"
>> - I have tried compiling from the master document - same result.
>> - I have tried 'trash aux files' and same result
>
> Latexmk is a third party latex compiler that I just use as part of
> the bundle.  I'm not sure why you are having problems with it.  What
> version of latexmk does latexmk claim to be?  If you uncheck latexmk
> in the preferences dialog does it compile correctly from your sub-
> document?  How are you setting your master file?

Problems has been solved (for the moment). It appears there was some
characters (actually white space) that Latex did not like and
generated lots of error messages for this and so no new pdf.
However, this complaint did not feed back to TextMate for some reason
(even though I had it on verbose). All very weird.

>> 2. Separate problem (earlier on): I am using skim, and in the past
>> when I would compile in Textmate, it would pop into focus. Now all
>> it does is bounce in the dock.
>> Also again and again the window comes up asking if it should
>> automatically update the file.
>>
> You need to go into Skim preferences and uncheck the box that tells
> skim to look for updates.  TextMate will tell skim when to update,
> and under those conditions it should also raise Skim to be the
> frontmost window.  Although this seems to be somewhat dependent upon
> OS versions, Skim Versions, and the direction of the wind. :-(

Thanks that seems to have done the trick.

Christopher