[TxMt] punctuation.whitespace.function-call.leading.c

Joachim Mårtensson joachimm at etek.chalmers.se
Fri Feb 8 20:49:27 UTC 2008

> I get that. However could the same not be achieved without actually
> consuming the whitespace, eg with lookahead/lookbehind?
>
> Gerd

Unfortunately lookbehinds can not be variable length. And since we want to
allow arbitrary amount of spaces between "tokens" this is the solution we
need to adopt. I can not see a good reason for why say [a-z]* should not
be able to be used in a lookbehind but that is the case.

Sorry for calling you Hans by the way, for some reason I assumed you were
Hans-Jörg Bibiko.

Joachim Mårtensson