[TxMt] LaTeX Bundle question

Geoff Vallis gkv at Princeton.EDU
Fri Feb 8 01:06:37 UTC 2008

>> You should add a line something like this:
>
> DVIFILE=${TM_LATEX_MASTER:-$TM_FILEPATH}
>
> Then use ${DVIFILE%.tex}.dvi  on the /path/dvisync......  command
>

> That will depend on how and where you are setting TM_LATEX_MASTER.
> This variable is around only for backward compatibility with
> previous versions of the latex bundle.   The preferred method for
> setting the master file is to put
>
> %!TEX root = /path/to/root  in your tex file.    BUT  that will not
> help you in your situation.  I thought you said you were working
> with one giant file.

In fact I have files that are stand-alone, and others that sit under a
root file. And I do use the %!TEX root method of setting the master
file, not any other - it seems similar to what texshop and bbedit use.

I've tried using DVIFILE=${TM_LATEX_MASTER:-$TM_FILEPATH} in my
bundle, and it kind of works. But if I go from editing and latexing a
collection of files which has a master file, to editing a stand-alone
file, then textmate still tries to use the previous master file when
dvi-syncing the stand-alone file, which obviously doesn't work. I can
work around it with two bundles, or restarting textmate, but that
seems very clunky.

But thanks for your input. I realize that there's not a whole lot of
folk using xdvi with textmate.

Geoff