[TxMt] LaTeX Bundle question

Brad Miller bonelake at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:47:52 UTC 2008

Geoff,

How do you tell a running version of xdvi to change its position/page
from the shell?  If it can be done from the shell I'll look at adding
it.  If xdvi is to be an officially supported viewer then its going to
take me a bit of time to make it work with the rest of the bundle
options in texMate.py.  All of the viewing commands assumed that pdf
was the format that was going to be viewed so its not a trivial
change.  You are the first person to request support for xdvi.  I'm
curious if others would want xdvi supported as well.

If it is a short shell script then it really would be very easy for
you to add your own bundle command.

type ctrl-opt-cmd-b to bring up the bundle editor
You should see a bundle with your own name, or you can add the command
to the latex bundle.
click add new command in the lower left corner.
Give your new command a name:  dvisync
Save: Nothing
Command(s)  Whatever shell script tells xdvi to update itself.  The
two variables you may want are:
TM_LINE_NUMBER  and TM_FILEPATH  or TM_FILENAME
Input:  None
Output: discard
key equivalent:  your choice
Scope Selector:  text.tex.latex

Brad

Close the bundle editor, and you've made your first TextMate command.