[TxMt] GitHub bundles and security?

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff at geoffhutchison.net
Tue Dec 23 12:53:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but I just tried out the new GetBundles and
GitHub integration. I like the idea (that it dynamically finds GitHub
projects).

I'm just worried about the security implications. Does TextMate
sandbox bundles? I mean, technically speaking, GetBundles lets you
download unknown bundles which can execute arbitrary code on my machine.

I'm also inspired by the GitHub/TextMate solution and would like to
use a similar interface for downloading script modules in my app. I'm
just hoping there's a good way to secure them.

Thanks so much!
-Geoff