[TxMt] Re: Debug in ipython

Matt Foster matt.p.foster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:08:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Andrea Crotti <kerny404 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to add this command to my python bundle and it should be easy..
> I would like to go to a line in TM and getting something like that in
> ipython:
>
> run -d -b$TM_LINE $TM_FILEPATH
>
> So i can easily start to debug from where I want.
> Best way could be also automatically "continue" to that breakpoint.
>
> But if I try to do
> ipython2.5 << EOF
> run -d -b30 file.py
> EOF
>
> It launches correctly ipython but exits just after, why??

Hi,

I'm working on a bundle for interacting with IPython from textmate
[1]. There's a command to do this in the bundle, which you might what
to check out.

There are also quite a lot of plans with regards to improving the
server within ipython.

Cheers,

Matt

[1]: http://github.com/mattfoster/ipython-tmbundle/tree/master