[TxMt] Re: insert end-of-line comments

Matt Foster matt.p.foster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 15:57:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM, chad gulley <cag at adfitech.com> wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2008, at Dec 14, 2008  |  5:25 AM, Matt Foster wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM, chad gulley <cag at adfitech.com> wrote:
>>> Has anyone out there come up with a way to insert "end-of-line"
>>> comments.  As a former vim user, I had a plugin that would insert a
>>> comment on column 55 of the given line.  I would love to be able to
>>> do
>>> the same in textmate.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> If I've understood correctly, http://gist.github.com/35668 should be
>> what you're after.
>>
>> If you paste it into a new command in the bundle editor, and set the
>> input / output dropdowns as per the comments you should be able to try
>> it out. You could set a key-binding too.
>>

> That is fantastic.  Thanks so much!  The only problem is that my
> cursor goes to the beginning of the line.  Any ideas on how to insert
> that comment then have the cursor jump to the end of the selected line
> so I can type my actual comment?
>
> Thanks again.

I'm glad it works.

I reckon that you'll need a macro for this though. Have a look at:
http://gist.github.com/35988.
You might need to drop this in a bundle Macros directory, then reload TextMate.
Alternatively, you could record your own, since I've no idea if this
will work for you (I've never made a macro before!).

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matt Foster | http://hackerific.net