[TxMt] For review: LDAP Bundle

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Wed Dec 10 19:50:15 UTC 2008

I did this for myself a while back, assuming it was only a matter of
time before someone more knowledgeable would make an official LDAP
bundle. That hasn't happened, and searching in GetBundles indicates
that no one has worked on an LDAP/LDIF related bundle, so I've cleaned
mine up and am submitting it for consideration. (Surely there are
other people that work with LDIF? I notice vim has a syntax for it.)

One good way to test it: If you have an OpenLDAP server, run `slapcat -
l somefile.ldif`, then open that file in TextMate. You should see
everything scoped nicely, every entry should be listed in the symbols
list, and you should be able to fold entries. You shouldn't see any
"invalid" sections.

I've looked at man pages and other documentation and I think I've
covered the LDIF syntax pretty well. The only thing I can't figure out
the regex for is "more than one space before an attribute's value".
(It should be scoped as invalid.) Since the first space is part of the
"begin" pattern, it's difficult to identify additional spaces without
matching every space in the string. Any suggestions there would be
appreciated.

Thanks.