[TxMt] Re: Blogging and code

Andrea Crotti kerny404 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 10:55:06 UTC 2008

Allan Odgaard-4 wrote:

> On 4 Dec 2008, at 18:36, Andrea Crotti wrote:
>
>> I discovered the blogging bundle [...] I paste code I need to use
>> the <pre> (or the
>> equivalent in markup or textile) tag which keeps the indentation but
>> hides
>> part of the code if I enlarge the font on my browser.
>>
>> I could also limit the lenght of the strings but it does not solve
>> completely the problem...
>
> Put this in the CSS to get a scrollbar on demand: pre { overflow:
> auto; }
>
>> It would be also nice some sintax highlighting and better
>> formatting, any
>> advices?
>
> You can use Bundles → TextMate → Paste Document / Selection
> Online…
>
> This pastes to pastie and there is instructions on how to embed the
> pastie in your blog posts (pastie does a very nice presentation of the
> source and it is based on how TextMate parses it, so you can paste
> subsets of code / data formats and still get proper highlight, it even
> strips leading indent).

I'm trying to use pastie but I'm missing something, I paste the code, I
copy-paste the <script> tag and I blog it.

Then my <script> dskfjsljk </script> just disappear, it's not accepted (but
it doesn't give errors). What does it mean? Maybe I'm not allowed to put a
link to a javascript maybe?

Just doing this is not correct <script
src='http://pastie.org/333083.js'></script>
THanks a lot