[TxMt] Re: ar misbehaves in bundle command

Sat Dec 6 11:18:30 UTC 2008

On 4 Dec 2008, at 13:16, Sol Foster wrote:

> [...]
> I'm hoping someone has an idea what might be going on here, because
> TextMate
> will be a dream if I can get this working properly.

My best guess is that you have more than one version of the shell
commands involved, and TextMate uses another one due to different PATH
setting.

When your command does not have a shebang, TextMate will source your
profiles to try and get the same environment as a Terminal session,
you can bypass this by putting a shebang in your command (e.g. #!/bin/
sh).

For more details see http://manual.macromates.com/en/shell_commands.html#search_path

Although if you say it works in Terminal, it does sound like you want
the behavior, although if you are using something other than bash in
Terminal, the environment will not be the same. Anyway, the
environment is what you want to look at, particularly the PATH variable.