[TxMt] Re: disable new behavior in contextual menu for snippet selection - possible?

Sat Dec 6 11:09:11 UTC 2008

On 2 Dec 2008, at 17:38, Steve King wrote:

> Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> No, 1-9 “breaks” exactly to promote the “type to select” (which
>> has always worked, and we even do special tricks e.g. in the
>> Subversion bundle to have D choose the most likely Diff action etc.).
>>
> Wow. I can't imagine what Apple is thinking. It works great if your
> pop-up menus are all unique within the first few letters, but usually
> they're not [...]

I may not have explained this well enough, but Apple wanted to improve
a user interaction unrelated to TextMate, but that improvement had the
side-effect of breaking a TM interaction.

> [...]
> If Apple's going to enforce this I guess there's not much you can do.

Apple is not going to enforce this, so I’ll revert the change in next
build (out soon — which will then beceome the official 1.5.8).