[TxMt] Markdown highlighting bugs etc.

Oliver Taylor olivertaylor at me.com
Fri Dec 5 20:55:31 UTC 2008

I was playing with Markdown (yeah I'm that kind of nerd) and I ran
into the following bugs:

This message is also on pastie in case the list strips tabs:
http://pastie.textmate.org/private/tetzlcuww7rmb8jkcff4ia

- - -

 >	This text is indented from the bracket ">" by one tab
 >	(which is allowed in Markdown) and is mis-highlighted
 >	by TextMate as a nested code block.
 >   If, however, I indent by 4 spaces TextMate highlights
 >   this correctly.

 >		When blockquote-nested code blocks, like this paragraph, are
processed into HTML they include two spaces at the beginning of the
code block.

   * Code blocks in lists must also be indented by 2 tabs.

		This should be highlighted as code.

	Processing this to HTML works as expected, and does not
	include the blockquote's "2 space" bug.

- - -

[Links](http://example.com) can be [written][foo] a number of
[different ways][bar].

[foo]:	http://example.com
		"This line begins with 2 tabs. It is highlighted as code, but
processes as a title (as it should)"

[bar]:	http://example.com 'single quoted titles don't highlight or
process, but should be allowed according to the Markdown syntax'

Is there a specific reason single-quote titles aren't allowed?

- - -

Also, shouldn't links like this <http://example.com> be scoped as
`string.other.link.markdown` or something so that they highlight like
every other kind of link?

- - -

Thanks for indulging me.

--oliver