[TxMt] Syntax highlighting is gone...

Nate Cavanaugh nate at shift22.com
Wed Dec 3 21:18:03 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I keep losing my syntax highlighting in only one certain file type.

I have a JSP bundle that does an include of the source.java scope.

In essence, everything between <% and %> should be treated as Java. The Java
syntax highlighting still works, however, when I open a .java file.

If I blow out my Application Support/TextMate/ directory and start over, it
works fine, and if I add back in the bundle, it will work for a little bit
as well.

But for some reason, after a day or two of editing, everything between <% %>
is colored as plain text.

Here's the really weird part: the scope reads partially correct, and
snippets work, but the syntax highlighting is gone.

When I say the scope works, basically, it will tell me I'm in the proper
scope (text.html.jsp) but it doesn't have the proper scopes for the data
types and such.

Here is the part of my Language portion of the bundle that does the include:

jsp = {
			patterns = (
				{	name = 'comment.block.jsp';
					begin = '<%--';
					end = '--%>';
					captures = { 0 = { name = 'punctuation.definition.comment.jsp'; }; };
				},
				{	name = 'source.java.embedded.html';
					patterns = ( { include = 'source.java'; } );
				},
			);
		};

Does anyone have any ideas? I am stumped on this one...

(PS. Running Leopard 10.5.5, and running TM 1.5.8 build 1496)