[TxMt] Re: disable new behavior in contextual menu for snippet selection - possible?

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Dec 2 11:52:01 UTC 2008

On 02.12.2008, at 12:25, Timothy Bates wrote:

>> So Apple want to enable selecting menu items w/o modifiers when
>> menus are open.
>> This breaks our use of 1-9 as shortcut keys.
>
> Does that mean that instead of 1,2,3... (which I never found easy as
> it is so unpredictable), we might be able to use letters instead?
> i.e.,
>
> Open Help
> Open Beer
> Open Door
>
> one might be able to use H, B, D?

Yes, but this works since Tiger, I mean. If you press e.g. SHIFT+CTRL
+OPT+J to set your language to "Java Properties"
simply type fast successively  "Java " and press RETURN or wait 1 sec
and write fast something else.

The issue here is that you cannot press 3 to select the third item
instead you have to press APPLE+3 to be conform with Snow Leopard.
Then e.g. you can select an item which begins with 3 by pressing 3 but
it hasn't to be the third item.

--Hans