[TxMt] Re: Includes?

tycho garen garen at tychoish.com
Thu Aug 28 00:35:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:32:50AM +0100, Patrick James wrote:
> Hi
>
> So, as you have probably guessed, I need to convert the web-site
> changing all the PHP includes into the actual chunks of HTML in the
> files supplying those PHP includes.

It's not editor specific, but in such situations I tend to set up a
server with php on my home computer, and then use wget -r (or
something similar, check the man page) to crawl the website. With
those files I just do a find and replace on all the links (global,
using textmate's "find in project") and call it a day.

There are situations where I think in/transclusions might be handy in
text files apart from cases like you mention it, but with something
like this, it works.

You could also, if all that you're including with php are flat files,
just find and replace the include statements in project. That is, if
there aren't too many of them.

Cheers,
tycho