[TxMt] Re: Automate new file creation and Save As not working

Wed Aug 27 06:10:35 UTC 2008

On 26 Aug 2008, at 15:21, Keith Solomon wrote:

> [...]
> Firstly, when building Wordpress themes for clients, I generally start
> with three files, for which I have my own custom TextMate
> templates.  I
> was wondering if there is a way to automatically create these three
> files (with correct filenames if possible) from my templates. [...]

Since templates are just commands, converting them to a real
(TextMate) command will make this much simpler.

There is (sort of) an example of this in the Xcode bundle (New Project
Using Xcode Template). It creates a project (folder with files) based
on an Xcode template and then simply open that folder in TextMate
(which makes it open as a project).

> Second, the keyboard shortcut for Save As stopped working some time
> ago. [...] I'm pretty sure it's not a conflict with the keystroke
> string being redefined by a bundle or anything [...]

It’s the most likely explanation though. See http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/KeyBindings
  for how to debug further, and if that fails, check if it is local (http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/101
).