[TxMt] Reformat text paragraph and time-stamping snippets

Ahmed III str82ais at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 21:47:04 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

I am new to TextMate.  I love this application, but some things I miss.

1.  How do I reformat a text paragraph to be within a set width, like
80?  On TextPad, on Windows, you could do that easily by setting the
default text width to 80, and reformatting the paragraph.  I can't
find a similar 'text width' setting in TextMate.  Where is it hidden?
Does someone have a command to do this?  I can write my own, just show
me a similar example.

2. I have a single file of dairy-like entries.  Before I start
writing, I want to timestamp each entry.  I am looking to insert the
following snippet:

"==========
YYYY-MM-DD HH-MM-SS

"
How do I do that?

I am aware of the timestamp command in the Text bundle but that only
inserts the calendar date, not the time, and I don't know how to add
the horizontal break before it.

3. I must say whereas the manual is very easy to read.  I find it hard
to find out how to quickly implement what I need.

Thank you all.  I am trying to figure out how to do things the
textmate way.  Apologies if I am clogging your mailbox

Ahmed