[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 3, Issue 43

Juan Falgueras jfalgueras at uma.es
Mon Aug 25 15:07:39 UTC 2008

El 25/08/2008, a las 8:51, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com
escribió:

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:20:22 +0200
> Subject: [TxMt] Re: Opening Ruby Headers
> To: TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
>
> On 24 Aug 2008, at 17:16, Juan Falgueras wrote:
>
>> I have extended my old C/C++ headers opener to Ruby.  I have
>> associate it to Shift-Cmd-D  as in the classic MPW ;)
>
> There already is a header opener on ??D scoped to Ruby.

I finally have found the place you said, Shift-Cmd-D was (I did

	mkdir -p /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
	cd /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
	svn co http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle

and reload bundles in Ruby.  It has been the first time I have done
this.  Ok.

I've found this for "Open Require"

	#!/usr/bin/env ruby

	file = STDIN.read.sub(/\A(["'])(.*)(\.rb)?\1\z/, '\2.rb')
	dir = $:.find { |d| File.exist?(File.join(d, file)) }

	if dir && file then
	  ENV['FILE'] = File.join(dir, file)
	  %x{ "$TM_SUPPORT_PATH/bin/mate" "$FILE" }
	else
	  puts "Could not find include: ‘#{file}’"
	end

The result of exec it on a simple line as:

	require 'test/unit'

is

	Could not find include: ‘test/unit
	’

shown as tool tip.

Clearly bad.  Not only it looks for files badly, it also ignores the
places where ruby use to look for its required.

Although the rest of ruby package contains useful things.

(moreover, the scope in the command was bad, it was:

	source.ruby meta.require string.quoted

without commas, and it was necessary for me to insert commas to make
it work)

- juan falgueras