[TxMt] Re: TextMate alternatives?

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 13:53:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:37 PM, David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Any takers?  Or, am I resolved to be typing <esc>:wq into every document I
> ever edit with TextMate :)

Well, on that front, I have to say that the recent builds of MacVim
are extremely impressive.  If you *do* find yourself using Vim a lot
on Linux, I recommend you have a look at MacVim for OS X - it is
finally beginning to feel quite "Mac-like" and not so much of an
intruder.

http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

Not, of course, that I recommend it over TM, and I hasten to add that
I only mention it because of your comment - switching constantly
between any two editors is a pain.  No editor-war intended!