[TxMt] Textmate and Spaces

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 12:51:39 UTC 2008

There is a bug - or at least I think it is a bug - in either Textmate
or Spaces.  I'll admit that I am a late convert to Spaces, since I
find for most purposes the more traditional model of hiding
applications suits me better.  However:

If I have one Textmate document open on one "Space" and another open
on another, the following happens.  If I open a search window (either
apple-F or apple-shift-F) in one space and then close it, when I try
to open it again for the other document, the window appears in the
first space.

I assume this is because spaces is re-opening the "old" search window,
and thinks that I want it back where I last had it, but it is very
annoying indeed.

Is there any way textmate could ensure that dialog boxes open in the
"space" of the current document?

Best,

Nicholas