[TxMt] Re: new MacTeX beta in TextMate

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 22:10:15 UTC 2008

Hi David,

	I'm very glad to hear it, but it doesn't quite work over here so I
want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. When you
compile a file in TextMate, it should automatically take you to the
corresponding page. Using the "Show in PDF (pdfsync)" command works
fine (though we should probably rename it now, to omit the (pdfsync)
part), as does syncing from pdf to code, but the automatic syncing on
compile doesn't for me. Does that part work for you?

Brad, I am guessing this is because of the differences between
sync_viewer and run_viewer? I am seeing a TODO there to make them
work better with each other. I am guessing this is where the problems
are? That the code using run_viewer checked for pdfsync explicitly,
and hence was missing this new synctex stuff?

On Aug 14, 2008, at 3:50 PM, Snyder, David F wrote:

> I've tested the new MacTex beta with TextMate+Skim+synctex (with
> pdflatex,
> xelatex, and latex (with and without the latexmk.pl script)) and it
> all
> works well on my research articles and exam files. Synctex seems to
> do a
> slightly better job than pdfsync, in my setup.
>
> Regards,
> David

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College