[TxMt] tm_dialog: How to catch the window's close button?

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Aug 13 08:17:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

if I'm using tm_dialog showing a NIB with enabled close button (red
button), how can a script controlling the NIB be notified about that
event?

E.g. the GetBundles script: It makes usages of some threads. If the
user closes that window these threads should be killed safely. I only
can do this by defining a separate button sending this event to the
script and disabling the red close button.

Any suggestions?

I do not know whether this would be a way but maybe one can overwrite
the 'close' method within tm_dialog which sends a message to stdout
before calling super::close.

--Hans