[TxMt] Re: synctex support in LaTeX bundle

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 14:49:24 UTC 2008

On 11/08/2008, at 10:02 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> You beat me to it Brad! Nice work. Seems to work over here, on a
> quick inspection. One thought though. If synctex is like pdfsync,
> then the specials it includes in the pdf might occasionally cause
> changes in the layout

I don't know for certain, but I don't think synctex uses specials to
output the information in the same way that pdfsync does. That's one
of the reasons the syncing was pulled into the engines (pdfTeX, XeTeX)
themselves (i.e., to avoid the problem of layout side-effects).

Sorry, I haven't had time yet to update my LaTeX bundle, but I'm in
the process of getting the GetBundle, er, bundle to help me out with
that.

Cheers,
Will