[TxMt] Re: synctex support in LaTeX bundle

Brad Miller millbr02 at luther.edu
Fri Aug 8 15:37:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2008, at 12:44 PM, Mark Moll wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans to add synctex support to the LaTeX bundle?
> > Synctex is part of the *tex engine and replaces pdfsync. It will be
> > part of TeXLive 2008. Skim.app already includes support for synctex.
>
> Yes there are. In fact, they were first formed the moment I heard
> about synctex on the mactex mailing list. I haven't gotten around to
> looking closer into it though. Don't know if Brad has had time to
> think about it either.

Its been on my long-term todo list as well.  But I'd kind of forgotten about
it until now.  I'm running Skim 1.1.10 and I don't see any visual evidence
that it supports synctex.   I also have  not had the time to download the
TeXLive 2008 beta.

The book goes to the printer next week so there may be a small window of
opportunity to look at this before school starts up again.

Brad