[TxMt] Spelling in comments

Eric Uner eric at uner.com
Fri Aug 8 13:28:47 UTC 2008

In looking at how spell checking in comments works, and searching the
archives for alternatives and suggestions, I can see spelling is
disabled in comments because, as Alan points out, "a lot of comments
are actually commented out code." Good point, and I can clearly see
there is no one way that can make everyone happy.

In my case, a tremendous amount of useful documentation is in code
comments, and spelling errors make the code less professional. I am
constantly going to an external editor, or typing the comment into a
blank area of the document inside a quote so that TextMate thinks it
is a string, then removing the quote and hitting command+/. I'm
thinking about crating a shell script or bundle or something to do all
this.

Does anyone have any more "elegant" suggestions?

It would be great if there was a way, for example, to have a menu item
(perhaps even a bundle) that could just spell check the selection
regardless of the context.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Doc