[TxMt] mate command broken after security update 2008-005

Sean Lynch lynchsean at mac.com
Sun Aug 3 17:43:10 UTC 2008

Yesterday I installed the os x security update 2008-005.

Now the mate command takes a very long time to run.

For instance if I type "mate ." to open the current folder it can take
up to five minutes to complete the command. The length of time to open
the directory seems to be proportional to the number of files in the
directory.

If I use mate to open a single file it still takes 10-20 seconds.

Also, I don't know if this is related or if it will help diagnose this
problem but after the update I noticed another difference in the
terminal usage.
In my .profile I have
export CLICOLOR=1
export LSCOLORS=DxGxcxdxCxegedabagacad
But after the update "ls -la" won't use color when printing results.

I wish I could give more information but I don't really know where to
begin. Has anyone had any similar experiences.