[TxMt] Filename Extensions

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Mon Apr 28 13:29:57 UTC 2008

Jay Soffian wrote:
>> Is there any way to extend it to a multiline match so it
>> could find something like an emacs modeline or vim config line elsewhere in
>> the file?  (The vim guys like to put it at the end of the file.)
>>

> http://konstochvanligasaker.se/tabmate/

Well, yes, I know about that.  I was hoping for something native to the
language grammar (such as 'firstLineMatch') that wouldn't require a
plugin.  From the docs it appears that TabMate still only scans the
first line of the file, and the format seems fixed.  I'm after something
more general like a regex parser.  A similar line used for vim rather
than emacs looks like:

>  vim:tw=78:ts=8:ft=help:norl:

(Wrap at 78 columns, tabstops are 8 chars, filetype is "help", do not
display as right-to-left)  And, just to be different, the vim convention
is to place the modeline at the bottom of the file.

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer