[TxMt] How can I set a default line start for block comment contents?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 25 05:28:37 UTC 2008

On 23 Apr 2008, at 17:57, Thomas Allen wrote:

> […]
> I can't find a resource of all TM env. vars, but the PHP comments
> preference
> includes values of /* and */ for TM_COMMENT_START_3 and
> TM_COMMENT_END_3,
> respectively. What var can define my block comments' body?

The generic Toggle Comment command is not designed to support the
configuration of such style. But it should be fairly simple to create
an overload which is only active in PHP mode, you can even write it in
PHP: http://ciaranwal.sh/2008/04/04/textmate-tip-using-php-for-
commands :)

> Also, is there a resource for all environment variables in TextMate?
> http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/environment_variables feels
> incomplete
> to me.

Each bundle command can introduce as many variables as it likes.
Generally for bundles, we let them include their own Help item as the
bundle-specific documentation where environment variables (which we
think the user may want to change) are documented.