[TxMt] Re: Using BibDesk search with cite in TextMate

Paul Hagstrom hagstrom at bu.edu
Fri Apr 25 02:53:13 UTC 2008

Christian <maillists at ...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Somewhere I saw a video where after a cite command and some initial
> characters ( \cite{con}) a BibDesk search is invoked to make the right
> selection for publication.
>
> How is this BibDesk-Search and Completion used within TextMate?

Yes, I was just trying out TextMate for LaTeX today and wondered about that.
After some hunting around,  I discovered that it is just not one of the menu
items that is enabled by default.

Go to the Bundle editor (Bundles->Bundle Editor->Show Bundle Editor), and
click on the Latex bundle.  You'll see the BibDesk Completion item in the
Excluded items list. Just drag it over into the left pane wherever you want
to see it in the Latex bundle menus, and close the bundle editor. After that,
when you pull up the Latex bundle with the bundle gear, you'll have that
option.

To assign a keystroke to it, select the Latex bundle in the Bundle Editor, turn
down the disclosure arrow, find the BibDesk completion item in the list,
select it, and add an activation keystroke.

 -Paul